To be a leader in government-sponsored healthcare programs in collaboration with our members, providers, and government partners.
We foster a rewarding and enriching culture to inspire our associates to do well for others and themselves.
We are passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) throughout Michigan’s lower peninsula.
Our members are our reason for being. We help those eligible for government-sponsored healthcare live better, healthier lives.
Find out the secret to our success.
Act with deliberate intent.
- We set our sights on goals and outcomes
- We find meaning and satisfaction in our work
- We act with intention to push our goals over the finish line
- We dedicate ourselves to our collective work to serve our members and communities
Every voice is heard, valued and represented.
- We value diversity and all backgrounds of those we work with
- Every employee is responsible for treating colleagues fairly and with respect
- Every leader is responsible for bringing diverse talent to the organization and enabling diverse talent to succeed
Reach for excellence in the work we do.
- When we raise our standards, we raise our outcomes
- Adding value is at the core of every action we take
- Our goals are S.M.A.R.T., and we act levelheadedly to achieve them
Dream. Design. Create.
- We are resourceful, creative problem solvers
- We incubate new ideas, imagine new products, and revamp processes
- We learn from failures today so we can succeed tomorrow
- We know that growth happens when we get outside our comfort zones
- MeridianHealth becomes Meridian
- Michigan Complete Health novates with MeridianComplete
- Centene Acquires WellCare and Meridian becomes a part of a FORUTNE 500® company
- State plans bifurcate, leaving the MeridianHealth brand in Michigan and Illinois
- Meridian rated 4 out of 5 based on NCQA accreditation
- WellCare Acquires Meridian
- Meridian now has over 700,000 members and 45,000 providers in six states (Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky)
- Meridian Complete launches in Michigan
- Meridian hires its 1000th employee
- Health Plan of Michigan is renamed Meridian Health Plan
- Meridian Health Plan expands into Iowa
- Meridian Advantage Plan expands to Illinois and Iowa
- Meridian launches MeridianRx, a full-service Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM)
- Meridian Health Plan expands into Illinois
- With a small team and a lot of hard work, Meridian’s story officially began under the name “Health Plan of Michigan”