Billing and Payments
The following are the standard claims billing requirements for providers. Meridian follows State Medicaid guidelines for claims payment. Please follow these guidelines for claims submission to Meridian:
How to Submit Claims:
For faster claims processing, we strongly encourage all providers to submit claims via electronic data interchange (EDI) or online using our secure web portal. Below you'll see the clearinghouses Meridian is currently accepting electronic claims from.
Submit Claims Electronically
Meridian is currently accepting electronic claims from the following clearinghouses:
Customer Support: 800-282-4548
Claim Types: Professional/Facility
IMPORTANT: Please refer to Member ID card for changes effective on April 1, 2022, as the Payer IDs are not interchangeable.
Date of Service
Health Plan Name
On or after
April 1, 2022
Meridian Medicaid Michigan
Meridian may add new clearinghouses from time to time, so please contact Provider Services at 888-437-0606 to see if your clearinghouse partner is on the list.
Submit Claims By Mail
Submit all initial claims for adjucation through electronic claims submission or by mail to:
ATTN: Claims Department
PO Box 8080
Farmington, MO 63640-8080
If you are re-submitting a claim for a status or a correction, please indicate “Status” or “Claims Correction” on the claim.
Claims Billing Requirements:
- Providers must use a standard CMS 1500 Claim Form or UB-04 Claim Form for submission of claims to Meridian
- Providers must use industry standard procedure and diagnosis codes such as CPT, Revenue, HCPCS and ICD-10 when billing Meridian
- Specialty physician claims should include a PCP referral form and/or a corporate prior authorization number for payment
- Providers may also submit and check the status of claims electronically via the secure Meridian Provider Portal
- Claim must be original, using national or state form types as applicable. Photo or scanned copies are not accepted. The claim information must be typed, with no hand-written information other than applicable signatures