Provider Education Pieces
Health & Wellness
- Availability Standards and Auditing Procedure (PDF)
- Availability Standards and Auditing Procedure - Behavioral Health (PDF)
- Availability Standards and Auditing Procedure - Specialist (PDF)
- BMI Measurement for Adults and Children (PDF)
- Health Risk Assessment Incentive (PDF)
- Dental Care and Emergency Department Usage (PDF)
- How to Maintain Oral Health (PDF)
- Osteoporosis Management in Women Preventing Fractures (PDF)
- Tobacco Cessation (PDF)
- Understanding Adverse Events (PDF)
- Use of Spirometry Testing in the Assessment & Diagnosis of COPD (PDF)
- Well-Care Exams and Lead Screening (PDF)
Women & Children's Services (WCS)
Healthy Michigan Plan's WCS program is designed to work in collaboration with providers to assist members with achieving optimal health outcomes for women & children, including pregnancy. Healthy Michigan Plan emphasizes the importance of actively pursuing and obtaining early preventive care. Educating members about their health is a key component of our agenda. For more information, check out Meridian's frequently asked questions or call Women & Children's Services directly at 888-437-0606 x2007.
- Streamlined authorization process for pregnancy-related services
OB/Gyns can request necessary services by contacting WCS directly, independent of the PCP.
- Additional support services for pregnant women and infants
Maternal Infant Health Program, childbirth education classes, diabetic education training, and nutrition classes when applicable.
- Member health updates for providers
Important women & children's HEDIS® measures, including lead screenings, Adolescent & Well-Child visits, Pap tests, mammograms, chlamydia tests, prenatal & postpartum visits.
- A variety of outreach efforts for female members
Helping our female members to take charge of their health, and eagerly seek early preventive care for themselves and their children.