Select a category below to explore helpful links and resources.
- MDHHS Healthy Michigan HRA
- Healthy Michigan Plan Work Requirements
- WIC Nutrition Program
- Double Up Food Bucks
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- A Healthier Michigan – A Stronger Michigan
- Medline Plus Health Topics - Helpful Information About Your Body
- Guide to Reliable Health Information (healthfinder.gov)
- Safemedication.com - Information About Prescription Drugs
- Abuse and Neglect Help (PDF)
- American Lung Association
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America - MI Chapter
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
- Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics
- Asthma Initiative of Michigan
Heart Disease Links
Weight Management Links
- Food and Diet Management
- A Healthier Michigan - A Stronger Michigan
- Weight Control Information Network
- UpToDate - Information for making smart healthcare choices
- FamilyDoctor.org - Great resource for Diseases & Conditions, Prevention & Wellness, Pregnancy & Newborns, Kids, Teens and Seniors
- Mayo Clinic - Great resource for Patient Care and Health Information
- Substance Abuse Help
- Lifeline by AT&T - Low-income phone service
- MIBridges - Check online to see if you are eligible for certain assistance programs
- United Way - 2-1-1 connects you with resources that can help
- Housing Resources, Inc. - Find help with housing in your area
- BenefitsCheckUp - Find benefit programs near you that can help pay for medicine, food, utilities and more
Local Support for Staying Active
- Mall Walkers of Michigan
If you are looking for a fun way to get your 30 minutes of exercise in a day, a Mall Walking program could be the answer! Visit your local mall’s Service Desk for more info about programs near you.
- Girls on the Run
Girls on the Run is an after-school program for young girls in 3rd-6th grade. The program educates and prepares girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. For more info, visit girlsontherun.org.
- Fuel Up to Play 60
Fuel Up to Play 60 is helping youth make changes in school by helping kids eat foods like low-fat and fat-free dairy, fruits, veggies and whole grains. It also helps kids to get at least 60 minutes of activity every day. Students take part in fun challenges to earn prizes and recognition for their school. Students can track their healthy eating and activity on the website daily to measure their success. For more info, visit www.fueluptoplay60.com.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for youth development and healthy living. Financial help is offered to people and families who cannot pay for a membership. For more info, visit ymca.org or call 800-872-9622.
- Healthy Michigan
Start taking steps to a healthier lifestyle by setting goals for yourself through Step Up Michigan. Create a plan, record daily wins, update goals weekly, and take a Health Risk Appraisal to start improving your health. To start this program or get more info, please visit www.michigan.gov/healthymichigan.
Support for Nursing Moms
- La Leche League
La Leche is an international group which gives info and support to women who want to breastfeed. For more info, please visit LLLI.org and find a group in your area.
- Food Banks
Food banks are places where food items are stored until they are redistributed to food pantries and soup kitchens.
- Food banks of Eastern Michigan
To locate a food bank in East Michigan visit fbem.org or call 810-239-4441 for more info.
- Food banks of Western Michigan
To locate a food bank in West Michigan visit feedwm.org or call 616-784-3250 for more info.
- Food banks of Mid-Michigan
To locate a food bank in Mid-Michigan visit greaterlansingfoodbank.org or call 517-853-7800 for more info.
- Food banks of South Central Michigan
To locate a food bank in South Michigan visit smfoodbank.org or call 269-964-3663 for more info.
To Find a Food Pantry:
Food pantries are places where people can go to get meals and other food. To find a food pantry by zip code visit www.foodpantries.org.
To Apply for Food Assistance:
The Food Assistance Program provides cards that can be used to buy groceries at supermarkets, grocery stores and some Farmer’s Markets. If you feel that you may qualify for Food Assistance please visit michigan.gov's food assistance page for more info.
- Project Fresh
Project FRESH is an educational program that gives participants with coupons to buy local fresh fruits and vegetables at certain farmer’s markets. Project FRESH can help you learn how to choose, prep, and store fruits and veggies. For more information visit michigan.gov's Project FRESH page.
- WIC Program
WIC helps provide supplemental food and formula to Women, Infant and Children at a nutritional risk. For more info visit michigan.gov's WIC page.
- Michigan School Meals Programs
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is a meal program for public and private schools. The program provides healthy and low-cost or free meals to children at school each day. For more info about this program please visit www.fns.usda.gov/nslp and select "Program Fact Sheet."
The School Breakfast Program (SBP) offers aid for children in public and private schools. The program provides healthy and low-cost or free meals to children at school each day. For more info on this program please visit www.fns.usda.gov/sbp/school-breakfast-program and select "Program Fact Sheet."
- Food Support for Seniors & the Elderly
Meals on Wheels
The Meals on Wheels program delivers healthy meals to those who are 60 years or older or have disabilities and are not able to prep meals themselves. These healthy meals are home-delivered Monday through Friday. To find out more about this program please visit michigan.gov's Home delivered meals page.
Senior Project FRESH
This program provides older adults with coupons that can be used as cash at certain farmers markets. These coupons can be used from June 1st-October 31st. For more info please visit michigan.gov's Senior Project FRESH page.
Other Support Services Members can Contact for Food Aid:
- Local Church
- Local Salvation Army
- Locate a local Salvation Army on www.salvationarmyusa.org
- Call 855-ASK-MICH (855-275-6424) for further aid from the Michigan DHS